Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Bookshelf for Boys and Girls Volume 1

Barbara Cooney

Marguerite K Scott

Elinore Blaisdell



Mary Stevens

Pelagie Doane


Elinore Blaisdell and Lawrence Darrow









Kurt Wiese

Mary Stevens


Marguerite Gayer






Hildegard Woodward

Mary Stevens



I recently picked up a series of vintage children's books titled "The Bookshelf for Boys and Girls"  I have nine volumes and an Index.  Each volume is a different theme.  The first volume is Nursery Favorites Old and New.  The copyright is 1955 by The University society, Incorporated.  It includes a long list of acknowledgements for other stories featured in the book.  There is also a long list of Illustrators, I tried to label the pictures but it's hard to sort through.  I have scanned a few pages from Volumes 2,3, and 4.  I am working on finishing scanning the other volumes of this series.

1 comment:

  1. I just purchase the 9 volumes. I had these as a child. I just love these books.

    ReplyDelete