Monday, October 2, 2017

Send Love to Las Vegas

I live in Las Vegas, if you don't know...  I am safe.  The events last night are truly heart breaking. Ever since 9/11 I've always been afraid something like this would happen here, especially on the strip. With such crowds of people, and events almost every night, I felt it was just a matter of time before the city became a target. I had hoped it would never happen. I am saddened to hear it finally did. My heart go out to all those affected and prayers to the families who lost loved ones. We're all asking why, I'm not sure we'll ever know.  I don't usually post personal stuff on this blog, but when a tragedy hits home, I feel it's my responsibility.

4 comments:

  1. Sweetie I am glad you are safe and I pray all of those you know are as well. It seems that while the monster was loose and took the cowards way out that the people of NV are the heroes of the day. I was a paramedic for years and we are trained to run to the danger and through it if need be... but there were so many amazing Nevada citizens (that stayed the course on so many levels) that as sad as this is you have to have pride in your fellow man. Sadly as long as evil walks on this big ball of mud we will see tragedy but it is the spirit of man that will light up the dark and lead the others out every time.

    Take time to heal, to find what little peace you may in this and then stand tall because to be ruled in fear is not to live life. Don't cave in sweet lady to the very thing this evil doer wanted. My heart goes out with yours to pray for those who have been impacted around the world. May Las Vegas rise up like the phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry for all involved. I cried all morning and I live in Canada. I've been there once and I didn't gamble one quarter as that isn't my style. I went with my hubby on a business trip. The world is a dark place. I'm glad you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to read you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard when something like this hits home....

    ReplyDelete